Cricket has become a universal phenomenon and no doubt the interest in taking up it as a sport and career is ever increasing. Naturally, learning the sport calls for choosing from the finest cricketing equipment, especially cricket bats. Just like any other product, cricket bats also differ in quality and performance.
Step into the world of an entirely amazing cricketing experience as we walk you through some of the best English Willow Cricket bats in the world.
The post here cumulates and brings to you a collection of lightweight English cricket willow bats across the world for a fulfilling cricketing experience and a call for action to buy English willow cricket bats, most suitable to your requirement.
Without much ado, here goes the rundown of the best bats with their respective specifications.
Comparison of Best Cricket Bats with English Willow
Table of Content:
- SS English Willow Cricket Bat Full Size
- SS T20 ZAP English Willow Cricket Bat, 2019 Edition
- SS Master 99 Handpicked English Willow Cricket Bat Size SH Short Handle
- SG Xtreme English Willow Cricket Bat
- GM English Willow Cricket Bat, 2019 Edition
- SS TON Premium English Willow Cricket Bat
- SS Master 9000 English Willow Cricket Bat
- SG Hiscore English Willow Cricket Bat
- GN1 English Willow Bat
- GN 10 Legend English Willow Bat
- Things to consider before buying English Willow cricket bat
- FINAL VERDICT
- FAQs before buying English Willow Cricket Bats
Designed for superior performance, this lineage of bats draws its inspiration from the Dasher series of Sanspareils Greenlands(SG) cricket bats and named after the renowned cricketer, Virender Sehwag.
For a good grip and some brilliant strokes, the SS English Willow Cricket Bat is best suited to beginners making use of hard tennis balls and leather balls during practice sessions and matches.
- SG Cricket bat made of English Willow
- Short handle cricket bat, equipped with thick edges
- Made from high-quality Sarawak Cane
- Embodied with thick edges and curved blade
- Comes with padded cover and adjustable power strap
Full-Size short handle
|Handle Length||8 to 12 inches|
4.25in (W) x 33.5in (H)
|Weight||2.54 to 2.64Pounds|
- Light-weight English willow cricket bats, thus, best suited for beginners
- Provided with extra pair of grip for better practice
- Great value for money
- Handle hard to hold
SS English Willow Cricket Bat Reviews
All in all, the players found its handling excellent for its lightweight features and extra grip. However, handles can be stiff initially in the beginning.
For a smoother and quality experience, it is best suggested to go for SS English Willow Cricket bats especially when trying your hand for techniques. This is one perfect instance of a cricket bat made for leather balls. Learn more about this bat on Amazon.
Sareen Sports, abbreviated to SS Ton is a popular brand of sports paraphernalia based in Meerut. Launched in the year 2017, the SS T20 Zap collection became a name in the class of selected and choicest English Willow.
An SS application can be downloaded to verify the SS hologram on SS T20 ZAP English Willow Cricket Bat.
The bat is best suited for players who are honing their hand shots. Its Spine oriented conception with bigger edges provides room for powerful shots.
- Made out of hand-selected Willow of grade 2
- Comes with an extra grip and anti-scuff sheet
- A 9 piece rounded handle carved out of Sarawak Combination Cane
- Based on the spine concept for better movements
Full Size, short handles
|Edge thickness||40-42 mm|
2.5(B) x 6(W) x 34(L) inches
2.56 pounds, 5-7 grains
- Engineered to maximize the size of the sweet spot with a broader spread in the middle
- Position enhancing for a better stroke play
- The wood quality is mediocre so appropriate precautions need to be taken regarding its placement.
SS T20 ZAP English Willow Cricket Bat Reviews
Players, for the most part, are satisfied with its anti-scuff provision and see it as a good sign of durability. Go in for the product for chiseling those hand shots to perfection. Learn more about this bat on Amazon.
- The bat consists of at least 4 grains
- Meerut SS is best known for its shock-absorbing and powerful features.
- Round handle carved out of Sarawak Cane
|Edge thickness||38- 40 mm|
|Weight||1160 to 1220 gms|
- Nice weight for a perfect balance
- Comes with a toe guard
- Shock Absorption
- Needs to be regularly oiled before playing
SS Master 99 Handpicked English Willow Cricket Bat Reviews
Most players find its attraction point for its balanced features. This purchase is fruitful only if you have knocked several shots before. Best to go for this if you have been in the game for a decent while. Learn more about this bat on Amazon.
Sanspareils Greenlands is here with its medium weight range of SG Xtreme collection to knock with all versatility. It is the best bat for beginners who want to try out a wide variety of shots and for senior players for attempting aggressive shots in professional matches.
- Consists around 4 to 7 grains
- Embodied with grade C wood
- Made out of Saravak Cane and subjected to lamination technique
|Weight||1180 to 1251 gms|
- Durable for optimum performance with its moisture control features
- Maximum stability
- Thick edges and curved blades for a power-packed shots
- Superior grip for an enhanced sense of control
- Attractive and vibrant appeal
SG Xtreme English Willow Cricket Bat Reviews
On the face of it, SG English Willow Cricket bats have color attraction and vibrancy. Players have found it to be mostly smooth and vibration-free. Get the best out of the lightest for acing batting skills. Learn more about this bat on Amazon.
The Gunn and Moore or GM noir signature is made in England. Crafted with the choicest of materials, this GM English Willow Cricket Bat encompasses brilliant engineering with a pronounced effect of the drive zone. This is best suitable for people playing in rough and testing pitches.
- Structured with approximately 6 to 8 grains and a grade3 Willow type
- Comes with dynamic and large edges
- Knocked in at the time of manufacturing
- Resistant to toe damage, cracking and damp conditions with applied use of linseed oil
Lightweight, NOIR 606
- Bat handle with a treble spring
- Reduced toe damage and usually feathering by thumping on the crease
- The durability of fitted blades
- Bottom slightly heavy
GM English Willow Cricket Bat Reviews
Players are extremely satisfied with the make of GM English Willow cricket collection, given its USP of damp resistant technology, especially in weather conditions such as those in England. It is best to use at all levels of the game for its advanced designing. Learn more about this bat on Amazon.
Among one of its series of collection is the SS TON Premium English Willow Cricket Bat under the SS label. Handcrafted with natural techniques, it is premium for the way the bats are air-dried. SS’s premium series consists of the GOLD and Storm editions.
- Approximately 8 grains with grade 2 willow which is hand-pressed
- Embodied with the super spine concept by maximizing the area of the sweet spot
Full size and short handle (weighing between 2.5 to 2.8 oz)
- Design with hand enhancing positions
- Despite being handcrafted naturally, it is not pre knocked
- It is a limited edition
SS TON Premium English Willow Cricket Bat Reviews
This category of the SS collection is received with excellent reviews for its light but great power. Early bird gets the worm. Catch hold of this superb edition of SS Premium English Willow bats before it runs out of stock. Learn more about this bat on Amazon.
The square beauty of the SS Sunridges collection is designed for faster bat speed and has been used by such big names as K Sangakkara. Even though the SS Master 9000 English Willow Cricket Bat assumes an aggressively powerful stature, it is best advised for those who are not concerned about the warranty of the product.
- Increased surface area and reduced center of gravity for an efficient performance
- Comes with an edge thickness of 40-42 mm
- Inbuilt with 13-14 grains
- A complimentary bat padded cover
Short handle; 2017 model
37 mm thickness of the edges; 58-60mm spine length
- Powerful ping and performance
- Reduced effect of gravity
- No warranty
SS Master 9000 English Willow Cricket Bat Reviews
The product lives up to the specifications as claimed by the manufacturers. The SS MASTER 9000 English Willow Cricket Bat is a one time and final purchase with no warranty whatsoever. The choice completely depends on the nature of your requirements. Learn more about this bat on Amazon.
This is most suited for players in their advanced stages of the cricketing experience. SG Hiscore strikes a fine balance between rigidity and flexibility for delivering an ideal pace. It comes with a flat face and a big edge.
- Embodied with six Clere grains
- Assures maximum stability
- Cricket bats made for delivering leather balls at a fast pace
Full size; short handle
- High quality and performance
- Comes pre-knocked
SG Hiscore English Willow Cricket Bat Reviews
The brand takes pride in its pre knocked feature and thick edges. Go ahead to purchase the SG Hiscore only and only if experienced playing with other varieties of English Willow Cricket Bats. Learn more about this bat on Amazon.
The exclusive Gray-Nicolls has a professional look and performance, given the concave-shaped sculpting and the semi-oval handle. For beginners looking to achieve a sturdy hold of their shots, this bat is the go-to.
- Mid blade technology
- Zone specific grip
- Finished with an artificial grain sticker
- Great velocity
- The comfort of grip handling
GN1 English Willow Bat Reviews
The bat comes with the ease and comfort of playing, with a professional look for beginners. Learn more about this bat on Amazon.
This is the ultimate captain’s choice! A piece de resistance in the world of cricket, the GN 10 Legend is a tried and tested bat used in several matches by England’s captain Andrew Strauss. GN 10 Legend English Willow Bat is best suited to use by professional men in the game.
- Branded and high-quality leather cap
- Handcrafted clefts
Full Size, Short handle
- Super high quality
- Embodied with a premium class of willow
- No pre knocked set up
- Expensive compared to other models
GN 10 Legend English Willow Bat Reviews
For those who truly understand the game, it has been worth every penny. Although a high-end product, it is long-lasting and is sure to take glances of your fellow players. Call for action is fruitful only if you are passionate about high-end cricketing products. Learn more about this bat on Amazon.
Things to Consider Before Buying English Willow Cricket Bat for Leather Ball
Following are the aspects which must be looked into in order to buy the ideal English Willow cricket bat for a powerful and technically efficient performance:
The size of the English willow cricket bat is directly proportional to the technical development of a cricketer, which in turn depends on the age group (and the height range) a player, falls under.
Generally, sizes 1 through 6 are designed for children, while Harrow size is meant for players in the age group of 13-14 yrs. Full size (short and long handle) are meant for professional players.
Grains in a bat
While purchasing a cricket bat online, you may come across a description about the grains in a willow bat. The grains of a bat is used to assess the quality of its willow and henceforth its performance.
High-end batting equipment is made out of high-grade willow cleft while low-end designs are carved out of lower English willow clefts.
High-grade English willow clefts are defined as ones consisting of approximately 8 to 15 grains, equidistant from each other and being straight in nature. Cricketers go indirectly for a straight grain profile.
Grade of the Willow
There are times when the quality of certain things has to be ascertained by the grades they possess. English Willow cricket bats are graded, and which is exactly why different willow bats sell at different prices.
The range starts from Grade 1 and goes up till Grade 4, with the former coming with the best quality and the latter merely bleached and of the lowest quality.
Number of Grips
As trivial as this aspect of cricketing may be, it is equally imperative for the number of grips influences the extent and magnitude of control over performance. While bats, in general, come with one standard grip, they do come with providing extra grips depending upon the model of the bat.
FAQs Before Buying English Willow Cricket Bats
Are the English willow bats pre knocked?
Most English willow bats come with a pre knocked in provision. Even if the bats are pre knocked, it is advised to subject it to further knocking.
What is the best quality of a willow bat?
A bat with Grade 1+ is the best quality one can purchase.
What is the number of grains an ideal English Willow Cricket bat should have?
There are many views surrounding the number of grains in a bat. Broadly speaking, this must be left to the discretion of the player. However, you can consider 6 to 12 grains as a good indicator of performance.
Should one choose a short handle or long handle bat?
Short handle willow bats are usually advised to players for greater control. However, if a person’s height exceeds 6 ft, a long handle bat is suggested.
How should one maintain an English Willow cricket bat?
In order to make sure that you get the best out of English willow cricket bat, it is advised to avoid wet conditions, use against substandard balls and storage in a moderate constant temperature.
In a world of chaos and unlimited choices, it is best suggested to go with SS Willow cricket bats. The bat is known for its fine concave edges for effortless control and powerful shots. It is the perfect choice for people who are in the game for a long haul and want to invest in a quality gaming experience.